ADRN Warehouse Update: All three ADRN warehouses in Austin have ceased being available for picking up goods and they are directing those goods and the people receiving them to a NEW, non-ADRN warehouse in Bastrop. Fire victims MUST bring proof of affected address (driver’s license, utility record & photo ID, etc). Please get the word out to your “adopted” family.
- New Location: 201 Childers Dr. – Bastrop, TX 78602
- Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-5pm; Sat 8am-12pm; Sun Closed
New Site Cleanup Opportunities (next two Saturdays): We have been informed there are more sites to clean up in Bastrop (and Spicewood too). Links to sign up sheets below.
- For Sat, Nov 12 sign up at www.mysignup.com/
- For Sat, Nov 19 sign up at www.mysignup.com/
Upcoming ADRN Volunteer Trainings: Would you like to volunteer through Austin Disaster Relief Network to help the Central Texas fire victims? Below you will find information about the next training available. Please note – the Orientation & Preparedness Class is mandatory for all ADRN volunteers.
- November 14th-16th (6PM-10PM) Critical Incident Stress Management Training (CISM) – ADRN highly recommends this internationally recognized training for volunteers who are called to help people in times of crisis and/or called to the mission field. This training will equip participants to deal with the mental, emotional and spiritual issues most people encounter in times of disaster, including trauma, learning debriefing techniques and much more. The training will be presented by Melissa Slagle, a consultant and International Trainer, who has been called out to help disaster victims world-wide in almost every major disaster since Mount St. Helen. For more info, click here.
- November 15th (6:30PM-9:30PM): ADRN Orientation & Preparedness Class - Every new volunteer that wants to join the ADRN network is required to take this 3hr class to give you an introduction to ADRN, information about ADRN training. For more info, click here.